- Art of Hosting
- Appreciative Inquiry
- Theory U
More & background …
- Dynamic Facilitation
- Open Space / Open Space Technology
Co-create change and resilience
Here are some proven ways! Just start! Connect with practitioners!
You want to be part of the solution on a local, communal level or in your organisation or company? Are you new to the field? The methodologies/communities listed here are proven to be effective in facilitating change. Check out, which one fits for your specific situation and connect!
Art of Hosting
- “The Art of Hosting is an approach to leadership that scales up from the personal to the systemic using personal practice, dialogue, facilitation and the co-creation of innovation to address complex challenges.” www.artofhosting.org
- “Appreciative Inquiry is about the coevolutionary search for the best in people, their organizations, and the relevant world around them. In its broadest focus, it involves systematic discovery of what gives “life” to a living system when it is most alive, most effective, and most constructively capable in economic, ecological, and human terms.” appreciativeinquiry.case.edu/intro/whatisai.cfm
- The Appreciative Inquiry Commons appreciativeinquiry.case.edu
- The Center for APPRECIATIVE INQUIRY centerforappreciativeinquiry.net
Image source: Appreciative Inquiry « L&T blog: About learning, training and technology at ITC-ILO itcilo.wordpress.com/2013/07/02/appreciative-inquiry/
The success of AI is connected with the appreciative approach, contrasting to the conventional (often failing) “problem solving” approach:
Source: Appreciative inquiry – Wikipedia
Find practitioners nearby appreciativeinquiry.case.edu/community/communityGroup.cfm
Theory U (Presencing Institute, Otto Scharmer)
Theory U proposes that the quality of the results that we create in any kind of social system is a function of the quality of awareness, attention, or consciousness that the participants in the system operate from.
Since it emerged around 2006, Theory U has come to be understood in three primary ways: first as a framework; second, as a method for leading profound change; and third, as a way of being – connecting to the more authentic of higher aspects of our self.
Read more here: presencing.com/theoryu
Recommendation to attend the U.LAB MOOC (free) – the videos of the first course are still accessible presencing.com/ulab/overview — 28.000 people enrolled to participate in the online learning space, local hubs are now emerging globally, the journey continues, the actions unfold …
Related blogpost on this site:
The primary role of the dynamic facilitator is to support the creative process of people by creating a reflective environment where each person and the group self-organize. The group enters the “creative flow” of choice-creating.
Dynamic Facilitation provides a way to:
- work with people as they are, without pre-meeting trainings or complex guidelines;
- for people to work on “big” problems and “impossible-to-solve” issues;
- release people from the usual linear, step-by-step process or pre-established agenda to work with what is alive for people in the moment;
- achieve unanimous results without negotiating agreements or compromises;
- generate motivation and action since people “arrived at the solution themselves”.
Source: “How it works” – www.tobe.net/DF/DF/how-it-works.html
Open Space / Open Space Technology
“Open Space Technology is a simple way to run productive meetings, for five to 2000+ people, and a powerful way to lead any kind of organization, in everyday practice and extraordinary change.” www.openspaceworld.org
History of Open Space
“Open Space Technology, as a definable approach to organizing meetings has been in existence for somewhat more than a dozen years. Truthfully, I suspect it has been around as long as Homo sapiens has gathered for one purpose or another, from the days of the campfire circle onward. (…) In 1985, eighty-five brave souls …” www.openspaceworld.com/brief_history.htm
Looking for something different?
E.g. Conflict resolution, networks for local support?
See the section Special Communities
Self-change, personal skill development
Everyone is able to participate in transformational activities or even be a facilitator for change. But sometimes you might encounter the issue of personal development and self-change. As a mature personality with a measure of of communication skills and clarity in your mind you will be more effective in leading and creating projects or even communities for change. We will deliver sections with links for this issue in some time.
Please use and share, and please refer to us, thank you for linking back. Some texts and link selection are published under Creative Commons BY-NC-SA – social foresight network 2014