How can Berlin become the sharing capital of Europe?
- Here is the harvesting of one of the groups – the neighborhood group. Be sure to have “notes” switched on, while watching the video!
- The workshop has been moderated by Thomas Dönnebrink and Francesca Pick
- Find them (and me) at facebook.com/groups/OuiShareBerlin
Click on image to zoom (2.476 x 1.488 px)
Some harvested insights from the neighborhood group
– This is all about a change of real behavior, not only the attitude
– Two strategies
– – 1 – in dimension of SPACE -> places
– – 2 – in dimension of TIME -> events
– How to get from early adopters (circle A) to wider adoption of sharing culture
– The group created nice ideas for some PLACES to communicate the “sharing economy” to new folks
– – We call them “SHARING DOCKS”
– – Possible sharing docks / partners:
– – – libraries
– – – adult education center (Volkshochschule)
– – – parks?
– – – second hand shops?
– – – make a “share cafè”?
– EVENTS for actions? … spreading the word, community building
– – JUNE 2, 2014 = Global Sharing Day!
– – … an opportunity to be visible with all the existing platforms, projects, “sharing docks”
– – Maybe it is even a “sharing week” if a day is not enough 😉
As Chris Carlsson wrote on Shareable.net:
“Cities are shared spaces. That’s why we gather, in part, to share basic infrastructure, to socialize, to satisfy our human instinct to congregate, to make culture together. The call for a Shareable City simultaneously inspires us to imagine a transformed urban culture but also to notice the invisible ways we already share life all the time.”
The workshop was about making Berlin a thriving Sharing City, by putting the spotlight on its burgeoning sharing economy scene, and finding out new ways to go further.
“Whether it’s about launching new sharing initiatives, establishing meaningful public-private-citizen partnerships, or designing sharing-friendly local policies, this sessions at putting Berlin on the global spotlight of the hot Sharing Cities topic ! We have audaxiously called it: How can Berlin become the sharing capital of Europe?”
Join and connect